2004 Flight from KKLS

2004 Flight from KKLS
This photo is from when I was flying the airplane out of Longview, WA. This was taken early in the morning..

RV-6 #25188 in flight

RV-6 #25188 in flight
Doug Eves sent this photo of the Ol' girl in flight. Taken from the ground, this is a great shot. You can see he is "relaxing" in his office in the sky...

Friday, March 30, 2012

Firewall

I have the firewall all riveted together. It has taken a long time to get to this point since there is so many things that are mounted on the firewall. The batter box, starter/master solenoids, brake fluid resevoir, heat box, ground strap, all cable penetrations and sending unit block. The list goes on and on. All of these items has to be located, drilled and mounted so they all fit. After that is done, then you have to fit the engine mount to the firewall and drill all six holes. I have started drilling the engine mount as I need these holes in the firewall so I can mount it in the jig. The engine mount will also help me locate more items like the fuel line penetration and a few other things. I still have to seal around the prop governor box and then paint the angles grey for the interior color. This way I will not have to do it later which is a real pain to mask off when it's in the plane. I still have about two or three days more work to go this thing before I can set it aside and work on another bulkhead.

No comments: