2004 Flight from KKLS

2004 Flight from KKLS
This photo is from when I was flying the airplane out of Longview, WA. This was taken early in the morning..

RV-6 #25188 in flight

RV-6 #25188 in flight
Doug Eves sent this photo of the Ol' girl in flight. Taken from the ground, this is a great shot. You can see he is "relaxing" in his office in the sky...

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Drilling skins

I have been drilling tailcone skins all day long. I still have one more side skin to do. I forgot how much work goes into drilling all the skins on. Lots of joints to get right and line up. However, when it's done correct, it will look good on the flight line.

Take a look at the pics to see how I drill the skins in place. I will drill one side at a time so I can access the back drilling from the outside. Takes a little longer but I won't have to try and squeeze into the small tailcone either.

No comments: