2004 Flight from KKLS

2004 Flight from KKLS
This photo is from when I was flying the airplane out of Longview, WA. This was taken early in the morning..

RV-6 #25188 in flight

RV-6 #25188 in flight
Doug Eves sent this photo of the Ol' girl in flight. Taken from the ground, this is a great shot. You can see he is "relaxing" in his office in the sky...

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Installing F-606 rear spar bulkhead

I have been working on the rear spar bulkhead and getting the side seat rib installed. I have measured this distance several hundred times to make sure that it is the same distance as the wing spars. Getting it correct means that when it comes time to install a wing, they will slide right in place with no interference with the rear spar bulkhead.

I have also installed the arm rests as well. I install angles at both ends since your will be putting your weight on these, it pays to have both ends secured so the front doesn't flex. Next will come the installation of all the seat ribs. Once this is done, I can pull all the parts apart and debur, dimple, countersink and prime, then rivet it all back together and move on down the line.

No comments: