2004 Flight from KKLS

2004 Flight from KKLS
This photo is from when I was flying the airplane out of Longview, WA. This was taken early in the morning..

RV-6 #25188 in flight

RV-6 #25188 in flight
Doug Eves sent this photo of the Ol' girl in flight. Taken from the ground, this is a great shot. You can see he is "relaxing" in his office in the sky...

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Priming longeron parts

I've spent the better part of one day priming the longerons. No easy task since these things are over 14 feet long and have a curve in them. I cleaned them with acid etch and then alodined them too.
I wanted these parts primed with epoxy primer so it took a little longer to mix up the paint and spray them out. I also primed several of the gussets that go up against the firewall mounts.

Now I can start riveting some pieces together and set the longerons in the jig for good. I will then start fabricating all of the pieces that go in the forward fuselage and set the angle of incidence for the wing.

No comments: