2004 Flight from KKLS

2004 Flight from KKLS
This photo is from when I was flying the airplane out of Longview, WA. This was taken early in the morning..

RV-6 #25188 in flight

RV-6 #25188 in flight
Doug Eves sent this photo of the Ol' girl in flight. Taken from the ground, this is a great shot. You can see he is "relaxing" in his office in the sky...

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Getting wing ready for the jig

I have been working on the spars and aileron bellcrank rib. The main spar is now all done, with the tank extension plate all bolted down along with the wing tie down installed. I have constructed the rear spar with the aileron reinforcing plates and rear attach point flange strips. The last thing I have completed is the fabrication of the aileron bellcrank rib and all the spacers/angles..ect. I now have to pull everything apart, debur and get it ready for priming. Once all the parts are primed, I will start attaching ribs to each station. I haved pulled the main top skin out and marked the centerline of all the ribs onto the spars. This way I will align the ribs to the skins that are already drilled instead of using dimension from the plans. On the last RV-6 I used the plans and got burned and have to redo some of the rib attach brackets to line everything correctly.

No comments: