2004 Flight from KKLS

2004 Flight from KKLS
This photo is from when I was flying the airplane out of Longview, WA. This was taken early in the morning..

RV-6 #25188 in flight

RV-6 #25188 in flight
Doug Eves sent this photo of the Ol' girl in flight. Taken from the ground, this is a great shot. You can see he is "relaxing" in his office in the sky...

Friday, October 8, 2010

Right wing done

I have gotten all of the bottom skins riveted in place. It was a real pain but I did it mostly by myself. My wife helped in one bay on the outer panel. The tank is back in place after I pulled it off to access the ribs on the inboard side. Since I have 4 ribs that point inward, I did not final rivet them into place. The ribs are about 5 inces apart so you have to rivet one at a time, then install the next one and so on. I learned this the hard way about 10 years ago. The riveting turned out nice except for some oil canning around the inspection cover. I had to add a stiffener to it to get it to not oil can with the cover on.

No comments: